Wedding Hair and Makeup Dos and Don’ts
September 18, 2023
Your wedding is not just another day; it’s a celebration that marks the beginning of a new life with your partner. Hence, your bridal look deserves special attention. From the dress to the shoes, and most importantly, your hair and makeup, every detail contributes to your dream bridal ensemble.
Do’s of Wedding Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory, especially on your wedding day. Selecting the right hairstyle is crucial in harmonizing your overall bridal look.
- Timing is Everything: Schedule your hair trial at least three months before the wedding.
- Texture and Color Matter: Whether your hair is curly, wavy, or straight, choose a style that complements your natural texture.
Hair Products and Accessories
- Choose Wisely: Use high-quality hair products that suit your hair type.
- Accessorize: Don’t shy away from hair accessories like tiaras, hairpins, or even a beautiful veil.
Don’ts of Wedding Hair
Even with the best planning, things can go awry if you’re not careful.
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Last-Minute Changes: A spur-of-the-moment decision to change your hairstyle can be a disaster.
- Product Overload: Less is often more when it comes to hair products.
Do’s of Wedding Makeup
Makeup is not just a vanity affair; it’s an art that can highlight your best features while concealing imperfections.
- Test, Test, Test: Don’t leave your makeup to chance. Schedule a makeup trial well in advance.
- Product Types: Choose the right foundation, primers, eyeshadow palettes, and other cosmetics.
- Weather-Ready: If you’re having a summer wedding, opt for oil-free products.
- The Flash Test: Test your makeup under various lighting conditions.
- The Natural Look: Avoid overly dramatic makeup.
Don’ts of Wedding Makeup
While the aim is to look perfect, there are pitfalls you need to avoid.
What to Avoid
- SPF Woes: Foundations with SPF can make your face look white in flash photography.
- Skipping the Trial: Never skip a makeup trial.
- Overdoing It: Less is more.
Choosing a Professional
Selecting a qualified and experienced makeup artist and hairstylist is crucial.
Questions to Ask
- Experience: How long have they been in the industry?
- Portfolio: Can they share examples of previous wedding work?
- Availability: Are they available on your wedding date?
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable days of your life, and you deserve to look and feel like the best version of yourself. By following these dos and don’ts, you’re well on your way to achieving that dream bridal look.
If you are still in the wedding planning phase, consider the Commonwealth Commerce Center in Jackson for your ideal wedding venue and/or wedding reception. Call us at (517) 784-0059 or contact us today.